Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Joan Jett, Gender of Rock

By: Angelalyn

     Jumping into the discussion of gender and sexual identity; I would like to bring attention to a classification not observed by popular media. Beyond the accepted system of heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexually. Further than the identifications of male, female, and transgender is an unexplored area of  undocumented sexuality and gender. Unrestricted of current sexual norm is the gender/sexuality identity of ROCK AND ROLL.
     Rock is dirty. Rock is grimy. Rock is out only to satisfy it's fundamental id needs. Rock and Roll does not care if you are a man or a woman. Rock has no gender. Rock's only identity is sin. Rock seduces everyone regardless of their sexual preference. If cataloging Rock and Roll in it's own gender/sexual identity seems a bit confusing; let me give you the utmost example.....JOAN JETT!!!!
     Joan Jett is gorgeous, sexy, and a brilliant Rock icon. Much like Rock she is fearless, charismatic, and unapologetic. She is essentially Rock and Roll inhabiting a hot body. I challenge you to find anyone (male or female) that is not sexually attracted to Joan Jett. Being attracted to Joan, is not a choice you have, it's not a choice Joan has. It is Rock's decision.
     Never having the luck/courage of being "with" the Rock icon; I can only imagine the experience being similar to her concerts: loud, dirty, sweaty, satisfying, and face melting. Watching Joan onstage is intimidating and fearful at times. I found myself being too intimated to look directly at Joan at times, and fearful that my head and loins may explode at any moment. Walking out of the arena I found myself stunned, slightly violated, and satisfied; much as the way I imagine being with Joan on a intimate (not necessarily sexual) level.
     Joan is a trailblazer not only for musicians. She is an inspiration for women. She has the spirit of Rock and Roll to thank for this. As it possesses her body and uses her as a host to infect and inspire women with the life-force of Rock and Roll. I can see why Rock chose Joan to do all it's dirty work. Thanks Joan.

Angelalyn

 
Joan Jett



No comments:

Post a Comment